Monday, February 11, 2013

In Honor of Richard III's Bones

The discover of this



prompted me to finally read Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time this weekend. It was certainly fun, but it didn't give me a my-god-this-book-changed-my-life moment. There was a great line that will resonate with William & Mary folks:

"Morton!" said Carradine again, rolling the name over on his tongue. "Wherever there's hanky-panky in this business you stub your toe against Morton."

Alas, I have stubbed my toe against a Morton more than once. Do I have any fond memories from my student years of that building? Mmmm, let me think for a moment ... ah, nope. Not a one.

Indeed, both of these are more dread-inducing than anything else.


Bishop John Morton
ca. 1420-1500
Schemer first class


The Morton, College of William & Mary
1972-?
Nothing classy about it

No comments:

Post a Comment